University Hospital’s behavioral health facility, The Pavilion, is located on our main campus. The Pavilion provides patients a tranquil setting and comprehensive access to a wide variety of mental health professionals, from an activity and recreation therapist to social workers. These professionals work together to deliver high-quality care for every patient.
The Pavilion offers services for adults, children, and adolescents:
- Young Inpatient Behavioral Health Services: Patients ages 4 to 17 receive 24-hour care for acute conditions that require supervision. A specialized team of psychiatrists, nurses, and recreational therapists work along with a certified educator to help young patients understand their mental illness, develop coping skills, and make better decisions.
- Adult Inpatient Behavioral Health Services: With three separate adult units, the Pavilion addresses the full spectrum of adult care. Inpatient care is available for patients with severe conditions who need more comprehensive behavioral health treatment and 24-hour supervision. The adult inpatient team includes psychiatrists, counselors and therapists with a variety of specializations. Patients learn how to cope with their symptoms and emotions, reduce their stress, and make better choices.
- Electro-Convulsive Therapy: Patients with severe conditions who do not respond to other treatments may consider electro-convulsive therapy. Consult with a psychiatrist about the benefits and risks of this treatment.
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) and Intensive Outpatient Therapy (IOP): Patients in these programs get comprehensive psychiatric care in a less restrictive environment. They participate in treatment at The Pavilion during the day, then return home in the evenings. This approach can be ideal for patients who need to focus on developing coping skills for everyday life. The program also prevents relapse and fosters ongoing recovery.
- Outpatient Detoxification Program: Dependency on substances like alcohol, drugs, or pain killers can seem impossible to break alone. The Pavilion’s outpatient detox program is geared toward patients who are medically stable and can remain in the same setting where they will live once they have broken their addiction. The professionals in our outpatient detoxification program have extensive experience with addiction and maintain the ideal balance of trust, confidentiality, and expertise.
- Substance Abuse Programs: The staff at The Pavilion is sensitive to the unique needs of patients confronting substance abuse. We offer specialized outpatient programs for patients with this mental health concern.
To complement these services, The Pavilion also hosts continuum of care services, such as crisis intervention; family, group, and individual counseling; education; pet therapy; psychiatry; recreation and art therapy; and referrals to community services and support groups. The facility also houses daily support groups, facilitated by outside organizations.
The Pavilion at University Hospital offers the care and expertise that patients need to overcome their mental illness. For more information about The Pavilion, please call 954-724-6502.